Boots is the leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer in the UK. No7 is the UK’s leading skincare brand*, with its award winning anti-ageing beauty serums developed by Boots scientists in Nottingham, demonstrating our commitment to using top-quality science to produce something that is loved by our customers and is proven to work. In addition to No7 and SEVENTEEN, we produce a wide range of cosmetics including suncare, personal care, hair care and indulgent bathing, covered by our own brands of Boots Soltan, Botanics and Soap & Glory, as well as ’only at Boots’ exclusive products such as Boots Champney’s.
We are particularly interested in hearing from entrepreneurs who have developed new technologies in popular beauty fields. As well as the latest advances in conventional technologies, such as creams and lotions, we’re also looking for new formats such as electrical devices, diagnostics, ‘beauty from within’ supplements, product regimes and innovations that bring salon treatments into the home.
*IRI UK sales value, 52 weeks ended 6/9/2014
Mother and baby
Baby is an important category for us, and with over 700,000* births in the UK each year, our goal is to ensure each of our customers loves being a parent and at Boots we want to provide the very latest products and innovation to help with the development of every new born baby.
To ensure we are providing the best possible solutions for our customers we are continuously looking for innovative new products which could form part of the Boots Brand Baby portfolio. To keep up with customer demand we are actively looking for innovative products and new technologies in happy pregnancy, feeding and sleep (for both mother and baby) and children’s health.
*Office of National Statistics, 2013 figures.
At Boots, we understand that having a good product is more than having good ingredients, and packaging has an essential role to play in meeting our consumers’ needs.
We are looking for innovative packaging solutions that offer:
- Aesthetic differentiation – to improve shelf impact and product cut through (e.g. new decoration effects, materials and finishes, through to pack formats new to the product category)
- Added consumer benefits over and above the product or category norms (anything from added functionality, convenience or ease of use, through to new packaging technology that enhances product performance and efficacy.)
- More emotionally engaging products for our customers (e.g. increased sensorial reward, user interaction or personalisation)
- Enables a unique product or product claim.
- Sustainable packaging solutions.